My recent note shared with family/friends:
I trust you’re staying safe and taking all precautions.
It’s the strangest period that we’re living in, none of us have seen anything like this in our lifetime. It is emotionally (and financially) draining for many..like we didn’t have enough problems to deal with already 🙂
But regardless of how bad the situation is, there’s always something to learn, reflect upon and use the opportunity to improve.
Below are some things that I have found inspirational and gives me hope:
1) Some of you are having kids in high school/college now. I find following commencement address (apart from Steve Job’s Stanford speech) so inspiring, full of wisdom; some very simple but powerful concepts that we can incorporate in our daily lives:
2) Renowned professor Bakshi, I know him over a decade now. See his latest tweet:
Lockdown effect. Down 21 kgs. Fasting, yoga, walking, and sleeping (properly)- four of the oldest practices (think Lindy) that cost nothing but have immense health benefits. pic.twitter.com/9Zaua8eGUi
— Fundoo Professor (@Sanjay__Bakshi) June 15, 2020
Lost 21 Kg/46 pounds using age old practices..no gimmicks. Totally transformed within few months.
3) Most of you know that I was never into Yoga 🙂 I have been a big fan of free weights/Gym ever since my middle school years, the way we use to work out in Delhi..aaj main nahin ya ye loha nahin :-). I thought Yoga was too sissy 🙂 till I experimented with it few years back. The experience is very hard to describe..the way it makes you high/energetic and opens up each muscle of your body. Jimmy Shergill describes it well in this interview:
I feel Yoga and pranayams are must for everybody..can be done at any age, anywhere. There are many simple asanas that you can start with.
4) For the past few years, I attempted two main meals/day but wasn’t successful. Somehow I have been able to achieve it lately…thanks to Brinda and thanks to Lord Krishna 🙂 Having dinner around 5 pm and brunch around 10 am. Can have fruit/nuts early morning and hot milk A2..with turmeric/ginger at bed time. Lockdown/working from home is an opportunity of lifetime if you want to try this..imagine eating only when you’re really/super hungry..tuning with Sun/nature.
5) Above is for body and mind, how can we forget the real bird inside the cage? 🙂 The soul/spirit within us. Many of you know Gaur Gopal Das, renowned motivational coach..he describes Bhagavad Gita the best in this short clip/interview:
You can google more of his interview/lectures..very instructive but light and humorous. Ranveer also has many other awesome interviews.
I guess there’s enough to chew on for now 🙂 What I have shared above is very practical, all of us can relate to it from our experiences.
I truly believe one can achieve whatever she/he desires in life; will take your leave with this thought.
Stay safe..stay strong!!